Ink Density Made Easy
X-Rite revolutionized spectrodensitometry with the first portable instruments, and the 500 Series became the industry standard for performance. The 504 spectrodensitometer has a handy targeting window that enables operators to pinpoint the measurement area to quickly get the right measurement every time using one of three standard measuring areas, or use the microspot measuring area for smaller targets. Its full menu commands in multiple languages and customizable menus make it easy to use even for less skilled operators.
The 504 spectrodensitometer features one-step calibration that only takes a few seconds for maximum uptime and accuracy. A built-in reminder prompts when calibration is needed. As needs grow and color measurement requirements become more sophisticated, the 504 spectrodensitometer offers an easy upgrade path that maintains the value of the investment. And its three-year warranty takes that investment protection to an even higher level.
- Measures any density status quickly and reliably, including Reflection Density (absolute or minus paper).
- Large display shows a choice of single, 3-color or 4-color density values for maximum flexibility.
- Unique ability to select from a range of measurement apertures, including microspot (1.6×3.2mm), small (2.0mm), medium (3.4mm) or large (6.0mm).
- Store density references and customer specifications to quickly determine whether density adjustments are required in printed output.
- Benefit from exceptional inter-instrument agreement for accurate and repeatable color across presses, shifts and locations.
The 504 spectrodensitometer’s rugged construction can stand up to even the most challenging press room environments. It produces exceptional inter-instrument agreement with a delta E of 0.01, or 1% for typical printing processes. You can trust your 504 spectrodensitometer to give you comparable measurements among multiple presses or printing sites, with suppliers, or between the customer and the printing facility. And its rechargeable battery pack ensures optimum uptime for the instrument.