IGT Orange Proofer
Dedicated tester to produce colour prints of conventional and UV offset inks.
Dedicated tester to produce colour prints of conventional and UV offset inks. Also available in a version with a 3-position printing shaft for three densities of three colours on the same strip.
• High reproducibility
• Simple to operate
• Consistent results
The IGT Orange Proofer for offset inks, low cost & easy to operate!
For ad-hoc tests the Orange Proofer is the most efficient method of checking the colour of offset inks on various substrates.
IGT has been very successful in supplying printability testers for Flexo, Gravure and Offset inks to various industries around the world. Because of the large demand for a low cost, easy to operate printability tester for offset inks, IGT has developed the IGT Orange Proofer for highly reproducible results in those cases where the tester is not used 24 hours per day, 7 days per week. For the heavy-duty applications the use of the C1 tester is recommended.
• Printing unit with impression cylinder and printing disc, 400 g, covered with rubber blanket for conventional inks
• Adjustable printing force between 100 N and 900 N; applied manually
• Speed: 0.3 m/s
• Inking unit with two aluminium drums and rubber top roller for conventional inks
Today many printers have their own printing ink kitchen where they can use the Orange Proofer to produce colour strips to check the quality of the ink on the substrate that will be used on the printing presses. In this way a quick check of the ink-matching can be obtained. For more accuracy the IGT Ink Pipette is strongly recommended.
The ink is applied to the rubber top roller of the inking unit. It only takes 30 s to distribute the ink. After the ink is distributed, the printing disc is positioned on the rubber top roller. The inking time of the printing disc takes only 15 s. After inking-in the printing disc, it is placed on the printing shaft. The substrate is attached to the substrate carrier and placed underneath the shaft of the printing disc. After the printing force has been applied, the print is made automatically.
• Total inked area 720 cm²
• Two aluminium drums with rubber top roller
• Both aluminium drums driven for easy cleaning
• Short inking time: inking 30 s and printing disc 15 s
• Short cleaning time
• Independent drive
• Rubber for conventional inks
• Rubber for UV-curing inks
• Printing width: 50 mm
• Print length : 200 mm
• Weight: < 160 g for most of the available discs
Weight: 25 kg
Size: 32 cm x 62 cm x 35 cm
Electrical rating: 115/230 V – 50/60 H
• Rubber, 65 Shore A, for conventional links
• Rubber blanket, for conventional inks
• Rubber, 65 Shore A, for UV-curing inks
• Rubber blanket for UV-curing inks
• Complies with EC directives
• Modern styling
• Inking and printing on a single appliance
• Simple operation
• Repeatable and reproducible results
• Low initial cost
• Possible to use many substrates and inks
• Easily movable
• Detailed instructions for use